Candle Safety Tips
• Never leave a burning candle unattended.
• Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or before going to sleep.
• Trim the wick to one-quarter inch each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
•2 foot rule - don't place a burning candle near clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable.
• Keep lit candles away from drafts, ceiling fans and any air currents.
• Place candle holders on a stable, heat-resistant surface that is sturdy and large enough to catch any melted wax.
• Extinguish a candle if the flame gets too close to the candle holder or container.
• Place burning candles at least 3 inches apart from one another.
• A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight.
• A candle should not be burned for more than 4 hours at a time.
• Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains in the container.